Thursday, June 11, 2009

Storm Chasing


I am one that doesn't like to mess with my photos to much in photo shop, but once in awhile I will play and see what it does. I do like this one-not everyone will and that is OK.
We have been getting a lot of storms lately and I am one of those crazy people who just love to be out in them. It drives my husband crazy that I want to be out there taking pictures. We don't get many tornado warnings around here and this last week we have had two or three and the towns that are about 20 to 30 miles away from here have been getting them too. Very rare for here. I have always want to see a tornado out in a field away from hurting anyone. So I told my hubby that when the kids are grown and gone that I want to go on a storm chasing tour. He told me I was crazy and I would have to go by myself. I said OK I will. Well yesterday we had another tornado waring right outside of town. Of course I just had to go look this time since I missed the last one. So I drove out to Yoder where it was said to be and sat on the side of the road and watched the storm pass over Yoder. I didn't see a tornado-darn it but I still enjoyed watching the storm. I had the boys with me. My hubby was stuck at the rest area about 35 miles out and watched the storm from there. When he found out where I was he sure got mad. Oh well you only live once you should enjoy life and do what you love to do. We turned around and came home when the rain and wind started. I got a few pictures. I guess I will have to wait a few years to go on my storm chasing tour.

1 comment: